Topic: Building Trust With Social Media (blogging edition)
Presenter: Promod Sharma
Designations: FSA, FCIA
Title: Marketing Actuary
Company Name: Taxevity
Word11 | Aug 27, 2011 at 10:30 AM
How do you earn trust these days? Blogging plays a key role within social media and the larger framework of marketing. Learn how to get started and — more important — keep going.
Promod started two blogs in 2007 to educate the public and help entrepreneurs market better. You’ll find over 401+ posts. He expanded to using LinkedIn, podcasts, Twitter and newsletters. The lessons from those experiments form the basis of this session.
Blogging is an ideal way to establish trust. You show both your expertise and intent. You also exude your personality. This is especially helpful if you sell a service.
Are concerns like these getting in the way of your blogging?
- Is my writing good enough?
- How do I get started?
- Where do I find the time?
- What if I run out of ideas?
- How do I invite traffic?
- Is blogging better than writing a book?
- How do I measure my success?
If building trust is important to you, see how blogging fits into your marketing strategy.
This session is for new and potential bloggers. Experienced bloggers may also benefit from the perspectives. You'll see the role of blogging within social media and the larger framework of marketing.
What does an actuary know about blogging?
Promod started blogging in 2007 to educate the public (Riscario Insider) and help entrepreneurs market better (Marketing Actuary). He expanded to LinkedIn, podcasts, tweeting and newsletters (Marketing Reflections). The lessons from those experiments form the basis of the presentation.
The experiences can help you too.
The presenter will use his own notebook computer and wireless remote. As a precaution, a copy of the presentation will be on a USB flash drive in PowerPoint 2010 format. This allows use of another Windows computer, if necessary.
Please arrange for the following
- projector with VGA input (content is formatted for 1280x800 HD widescreen but works with a conventional 1024x768 projector)
- sound (video is used)
Here are links to more information.
Here is a PDF of the presentation. There are slight differences from the live version. That's to improve readability and reduce the number of pages.
- Building trust with blogging at Word11 (Marketing Actuary, Aug 23, 2011)
- The foolproof measure of trust (Riscario Insider, 2011)
- Blogging milestone: 5 years | 500 posts | 250,000 words (Marketing Actuary, Feb 2012)
- 30 ways to build an audience with "know, like, trust" (Copyblogger, Jan 2013)
- The crowd fallacy (Seth Godin, Mar 2013)
- Smarter content creation (Inbound Marketing Blog, Jan 2013)
- Which blogging platform: Blogger, Tumblr or WordPress? (Jonathan Holowka, Aug 2012)
- The simple guide to business blogging (simplybusiness.co.uk)
- How to connect emotionally with your readers (Daily Blog Tips, Dec 2012)
- B2B Business Blogging: A Complete Guide (simplyzesty.com. Nov 2012)
- 10 questions to ask before starting a blog (Social Media Today, Jun 26, 2012)
- Five tips to enhance your freelance writing (Freelance Switch, Mar 2012]
- 9 ways to make your writing more compelling (Freelance Switch, Sep 2009]
- Finding time to write (Freelance Switch, May 2010]
- 50 ideas for business blog posts (Entreprenueur, Mar 2012)
- 10 reasons your small business shouldn't start a blog (Fast Company, Feb 2012)
- Seven rules of successful bloggers (CBS News, Nov 29, 2011) (new)
- The first step to expert status is blogging (Entrepreneur, Sep 2011)
- Just one post (Seth Godin, June 2007)
- If no one reads your blog post, does it exist? (Seth Godin, Feb 2007)
- Tips for new bloggers (Rebecca Brown, Sep 2011)
- Why write a book? (Seth Godin, Jan 2010)
- 44 blogging questions and answers (Kristi Hines, kikolani.com, Jan 2011)
- Seven great questions on blogging (Nate Riggs, spinsucks.com, Jul 2011)
- Corporate blogging: Top 10 questions from companies (Douglas Karr, marketingtechblog.com, 2007)
- Your top blogging questions answered (Christina Lucas, Kanelstrand.com, June 2011)
- It doesn't matter if anyone reads your blog (OPEN Forum with Seth Godin and Tom Peters)
- Word 11 Blogging Festival Review – Part 1 (Brian Anderson, Strategic Content blog, Aug 29, 2011)
You may also be interested in