Building Trust With Networking
Until recently, networks were hidden in private Rolodexes. Now, there's value in what's visible and verifiable.
The new transparency has changed the nature of trust and the techniques for effective networking. Learn what to do. See why introverts have an edge. Explore ways to nurture your network. We're no longer winning friends, we're earning them.
Since jobs aren't guaranteed, upgrading the way you network brings more security.
Variations of this talk have been delivered (in chronological order) to
- Woodsworth College alumni (University of Toronto)
- SALUT Toastmasters (University of Toronto)
- Goodyear Toastmasters
- WCB Toastmasters (University of Toronto)
- Building trust with networking
- Building trust before meeting in person
- Building trust in a transparent world
- Advanced networking: launching your own private community
- How to work a room (business.com)
You may also be interested in
- Building Trust With LinkedIn
- How To Earn And Keep Trust for freelancers
- Be The One They Want for anyone looking for a job or a better job
- Building Trust With Social Media - CALU 2011
- Building Trust With Blogging
- Building Trust With Podcasting
- Using Social Media to Grow your Practice
- Building Trust With Social Media
Presenter: Promod Sharma
Designations: FSA, FCIA
Title: Insurance Actuary
Company Name: Taxevity
Promod ("pro-MODE") Sharma (FSA, FCIA) is an actuary who designed life and health insurance products and then helped advisors sell them. He saw that trust was a problem for advisors. He developed and tested ways to establish trust. Those findings form the basis of this presentation. He has done similar presentations for various groups.
Promod is a Competent Communicator in Toastmasters International and served as President of Goodyear Toastmasters 2011-2012. He was nominated for a Business Excellence Award by the Toronto Board of Trade and Enterprise Toronto in 2011. You'll find more at promodsharma.com and on LinkedIn.
The presenter will use his own notebook computer and wireless remote. As a precaution, a copy of the presentation will be on a USB flash drive in PowerPoint 2013 format. This allows use of another Windows computer, if necessary.
Please arrange for the following
- projector with VGA input (content is formatted for 1280x800 HD widescreen but works with a conventional 1024x768 projector)
- sound (video is used)
Here is the logo for Taxevity