Good Works was established by Carol Roberts (LinkedIn) in 2003 to serve, support and encourage the transitioning, employed, unemployed, re-entering the workforce, as well as retirees and those soon to be retired.
Trust And You: Be The One They Want | May 15, 2012 (Tuesday)
What's worse than looking for a job today?
Finding one and looking again in the unpredictable future. How do you — and ones you love — grow more employable and valuable from now on?
Earn trust. Learn proven, simple but overlooked techniques in this interactive session. The benefits escalate over time with your ongoing generosity and unwavering faith.
- The presentation (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- The foolproof measure of trust
- The 2012 best/worst jobs list
- Your digital tapestry
- Are you a parrot or a pundit?
- Trust-building tools
- Answering the "what is your weakness" question (CBS MoneyWatch, Sep 17, 2012)
- 7 things you're doing wrong on LinkedIn (Inc, Jun 27, 2012)
- The only three interview questions that matter (Youtern, May 23, 2012)
- What are you leaving behind? (Seth Godin, May 26, 2012)
- Five ways to prepare for your next better job (Fast Company, May 23, 2012)
- You will be judged (or ignored) (Seth Godin, May 21, 2012)
- Naming things (Seth Godin, May 9, 2012)
- Projects are the new job interview (Harvard Business Review, May 10, 2012)
- How to find work you love (Fast Company, May 14, 2012)
- How to Write a Résumé: Advice for Older Job Seekers (Wall Street Journal, Jun 11, 2012)
This is the recording of the full presentation.
You may also be interested in
- Building Trust With Social Media
- Building Trust With Blogging
- Building Trust With Podcasting
- How To Earn And Keep Trust
- Other presentations
If you'd like to stay in touch, you can send an invitation to connect on LinkedIn explaining where we met. If you sell financial products (e.g., mortgages, investments, insurance), your invitation may be declined but you can still Follow on Twitter or subscribe to the blogs.
Presenter: Promod Sharma
Designations: FSA, FCIA
Promod Sharma ("pro-MODE") is an actuary, blogger and advocate from the low trust world of life/health insurance. That was the inspiration and testing ground for the ideas. Since 2007, he has been blogging to :
- help entrepreneurs market better (Marketing Actuary)
- educate the public about risk (Riscario Insider)
Promod also speaks to groups and is President of Goodyear Toastmasters for 2011/2012.
Special Instructions For Organizers
A well-arranged event reduces stress and boosts benefits for the audience.
The presenter will use his own notebook computer and wireless remote. As a precaution, a copy of the presentation will be on a USB flash drive in PowerPoint 2010 format. Please arrange for:
- projector with VGA input (content is formatted for 720p HD widescreen but works with a conventional 1024x768 projector)
The session will be recorded with the intention of posting the video on YouTube (barring technical glitches). The recording:
- reminds attendees of what was discussed (less need for taking notes)
- shows the absent what they missed (and encourages them to attend other sessions arranged by the organizers)
- helps the speaker improve
The audience members will not be shown but their voices will be recorded.