The 2012 Business Excellence Awards
You must have clients or connections who are excellent but not recognized by the general business community. Here's a free way to shine a spotlight on them: nominate them for a Business Excellence Award from the Toronto Board of Trade.
Making a nomination is quick and easy: you fill out a one-page form as well as you can. The Toronto Board of Trade team will gather any more information directly from the nominee.
Here are answers to common questions:
- Membership: You don't need to belong to the Board and neither do your nominees.
- Region: Since business doesn't stop at city borders, nominees within the Toronto region are eligible (roughly Oakville to Pickering with Stouville to the north).
- Size: Nominees have a maximum of 150 employees and $20 million in revenue.
- Scope: There are 10 categories ranging from Startup to Entrepreneur Of The Year.
- Event: You can register for the celebration on Nov 15 at the Toronto Congress Centre.
- Your Company: You may also nominate your firm.
I was a nominee in 2011 (the only one in any category from the financial sector). The experience was valuable. The best part was getting nominated and feeling worthy of winning. The experience is worth spreading. Now I'm on the Business Excellence Award committee and reaching out for your help in finding worthy nominees.
Tip: Tell your nominees once you've nominated them. You then get a marketing benefit even if they decline your nomination or do not win.
If you're looking for an interactive conference and pre-screened networking, consider the first-ever SMB Exchange on October 9th. This event is also from the Toronto Board of Trade. I'm not involved but have registered. Here's why.
Here's more information:
- Official page for the Business Excellence Awards (get the nomination form here)
- Why be a nominee for a Business Excellence Award?
- A nominee's view of the Business Excellence Awards
- Fixing what's wrong with conferences and networking at the SMB Exchange
If you have questions, please ask. Feel free to share links to this page.
The deadline for nominations is Aug 31, 2012.