Here are questions I've been asked about being an actuary. They are arranged in alphabetical order.
- Are you a team player?
- Have you done technical actuarial work?
- How did you develop your speaking skills?
- How diverse is your network?
- How do you get content noticed?
- How do you get volunteers to write?
- What is Life Insurance Awareness Month?
- What is the biggest risk to the actuarial profession?
- Sep 6: met actuarial developer of website which helps car buyers find the all-in cost of ownership; he wanted ideas to improve the results
- Sep (TBA): meeting an ASA who wants tips on starting his own actuarial consulting business
- Oct 10: speaking to Ryerson University students about how to build trust today
- Nov (TBA): speaking as part of "a panel of distinguished alumni of Western" (SOA CAE) at the annual career networking reception
Related Blog Posts
Thought leadership requires having thoughts and expressing them. Blogging is an ideal way. Here are recent examples.
- Three years later: how to work from a home office
- How to move from out-of-site to top-of-mind
- Pre-announce or ship? Strategies at Apple, Blackberry, Google & Microsoft
- What lasting gift can you offer everyone you meet?
- Case study: getting new traffic from old content
- Three steps to get replies to your emails
- The essential way to show your skills and expertise
- Three proactive ways to boost your credibility
- Building trust before meeting in person
- How do you show passion in your work?
- 8 steps to getting a job today
- Life-changing events no longer trigger insurance sales
- If you have/had/want money, read Pound Foolish
- Where there's willpower, there's a way
- Why we get bad advice
- How your brain works ... against you
- Keeping promises when no one is watching
- Three powerful protectors against corporate misconduct
- The 'best/worst' jobs list and you
- The new prescription for trust