You may want to review this content before or after attending a live session. This video gives you a sample of why modern marketing matters.
Three Action Steps
Create your web presence in three easy steps.
- Get LinkedIn: post your marketing profile. A plain résumé is too boring.
- Register a web address: your name, your company name, or both. If you don't have a website, redirect visitors to your LinkedIn profile.
- Create a destination: website, blog, …
For extra benefits, stay in touch with Twitter or an eNewsletter.
If you need help, ask a teenager. You may have one of your own. If not, see if you can borrow one from a neighbour, friend or relatively. They don't work for peanuts, but pizza might entice them.
Here is reading material you may want to review before or after attending a live session.
- Does your email address say you're cheap, generic and inattentive?
- Why Twitter (finally) makes sense for building your business
- Thoughts on The Dip by Seth Godin
- Eight reasons to stop fearing social media (gigaom)
- The easiest way to catch up with social media
- Create your web presence in three easy steps
- Get foundin LinkedIn to keep growin
- A proven technique to expand your LinkedIn network
- Nicolas Boothman on creating your 10 second commercial
- How to start your own eNewsletter
This studio recording of a presentation for CALU in May 2011 gives a different perspective.
What do you think? Please vote with the Like/Dislike buttons on the YouTube page for this video. Your written comments (good or bad) are welcome too. Take this opportunity to use social media to express your opinion!
Marketing better takes time and ongoing nudges. Check out the following resources
Both are free and you can start your own too. If you like the content, you're welcome to subscribe.